Thai-Spiced Butternut Squash Bisque with Lime and Chiles
- 2 cans Farmer's Market Foods Organic Butternut Squash
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 1" piece of ginger peeled and grated
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp lemongrass powder or 1 tbsp fresh minced lemongrass
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded, and minced
- 3 cups chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh minced cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, and chili pepper for 3 minutes until lightly browned.
Add the butternut squash and stock, and bring the mixture to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook for 35-40 minutes, stirring occasionally until all the vegetables are tender. Add the chopped tomato, minced cilantro, and lime juice. Serve with additional cilantro for garnish, and enjoy!