Butternut Squash Pie
- 1 nine-inch unbaked pie crust store-bought or homemade
- 15 ounces 1 can Farmers Market Foods Butternut Squash Puree
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 large eggs whisked
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400(f) degrees. Chill prepared crust until ready to bake.
- In a large mixing bowl add the squash, sugar, eggs, cream, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt. Whisk until well blended, about 60 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pie crust & bake for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 350(f) degrees & continue baking until the edges have set but the center is still jiggly.
- Let cool to room temperature before refrigerating. Allow the pie to cool for 4 to 6 hours until serving.
- Top with whipped cream & a pinch of ground nutmeg. Enjoy!