A hearty, quick and gluten-free pumpkin soup that can easily be modified for a vegan version!
Thai Basil Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. Thai green curry paste
- 2 cans Farmers Market Pumpkin Puree
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Fish sauce or vegan Fish Sauce substitute
- 2 Tbsp. minced thai basil
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
Sauté the onions in 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil until soft.
Add the Thai curry paste and garlic and continue to cook over low heat for 1-2minutes.
Add the pumpkin puree, chicken stock, and coconut milk, bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
Process until smooth in a blender. Taste and correct seasoning, add lime juice and fish sauce or vegan substitute. We like Cook's Illustrated fish sauce substitute recipe.
Reheat soup and add the Thai basil and fresh cilantro just before serving to taste.