A hearty, quick and gluten-free pumpkin soup that can easily be modified for a vegan version!
Thai Basil Pumpkin Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. Thai green curry paste
- 2 cans Farmers Market Pumpkin Puree
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp. Fish sauce or vegan Fish Sauce substitute
- 2 Tbsp. minced thai basil
- 2 Tbsp. minced cilantro
Sauté the onions in 1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil until soft.
Add the Thai curry paste and garlic and continue to cook over low heat for 1-2minutes.
Add the pumpkin puree, chicken stock, and coconut milk, bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
Process until smooth in a blender. Taste and correct seasoning, add lime juice and fish sauce or vegan substitute. We like Cook's Illustrated fish sauce substitute recipe.
- Reheat soup and add the Thai basil and fresh cilantro just before serving to taste.