Pumpkin Spiced Pots de Creme
A delicious pumpkin custard, topped with whipped cream. Makes the perfect treat!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup farmer’s market organic pumpkin purée
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon fine salt
- Whipped cream to garnish
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325(f) degrees. Boil a large kettle of water & set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat whisk together the cream, milk, brown sugar & pumpkin. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves & salt.
- Slowly temper in the pumpkin mixture to the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Pour the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve to ensure filling is silky smooth.
- Evenly divide mixture amongst 6 to 8 ramekins (depending on the size of ramekin).
- Transfer to a large baking dish & add the boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Be careful to not get any water in the ramekins.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the center of the custard has a slight jiggle. Transfer to a cooling rack & let cool to room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of two hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream & pumpkin seeds!