Pumpkin & Bourbon Cheesecake
Delicate and creamy, this recipe is so good that you will want to make it all of the time. Don’t get overwhelmed by the ingredient list, you should have most of the items stocked in your pantry. This recipe was baked by Farmer’s Market employee, Emily Goracke and won second place at our Thanksgiving company potluck recipe contest. It’s based off of an Epicurious recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 15 oz. can Farmer's Market Pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 8 oz. packages cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- Stir together crumbs, sugar and butter. Press in a single layer on the bottom and up sides of a springform pan. Chill in the freezer for at least fifteen minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Whisk together pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, cream, vanilla, and bourbon in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Add cream cheese and beat with an electric mixer on high until creamy. Reduce speed and add pumpkin mixture. Pour filling into crust, smoothing top. Bake until center is set, 50 to 60 minutes. LEAVE OVEN ON. Transfer to a rack to let cool while making the topping (about 5 minutes).
- Whisk together sour cream, sugar, and bourbon. Spread on top of cheesecake and bake for 5 minutes more. Cool cheesecake completely before transferring to the refrigerator. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.