Blondies are brownies that substitute the traditional cocoa with vanilla and brown sugar, giving them a nutty molasses flavor. This pumpkin blondie version is the perfect combination of flavors courtesy of Modest Marce.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup farmer's market foods organic pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the butter, brown sugar, egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Sift in the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. stir until the batter comes together.
- Fold in the white chocolate chunks & nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before slicing & serving!