You asked and we answered! Here is a ridiculously amazing recipe for a gluten-free, dairy free coconut pumpkin pie. It doesn’t call for sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk, but still has the same great texture. One thing to note is that the pie will be a little bit darker than normal, but the taste is incredible!
Gluten-Free Coconut Pumpkin Pie
- 1 9" frozen gluten-free pie crust
- 1 15-16 oz. Farmer's Market Pumpkin
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, and spices. In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and coconut milk. After combined add pumpkin and whisk well.
Add sugar mixture to pumpkin mixture. Pour pumpkin mixture into the pie shell. Place pie in preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Lower temp to 350ºF and bake an additional 50-60 minutes. Cooking times may vary.
Check to see if pie is done by shaking it in the oven. If it moves like jello, it's done. If it moves like liquid, it needs more time.