Cranberry Lemon Linzer Cookies
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups almond or hazelnut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can Farmers Market Organic Cranberry Sauce
- Powdered sugar to finish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream the butter & sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg & vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Sift in the flours, baking powder, salt, 1 teaspoon lemon zest & nutmeg. Mix until dough comes together, about 60 seconds.
- Shape dough into a disc, wrap in plastic & refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- When ready to roll out, preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to a 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Using your desired cookie cutter, cut out 24 cookies & transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the edges are golden.
- In a separate small mixing bowl stir together cranberry sauce & remaining lemon zest.
- Once the cookies are cool enough to handle, evenly spread the sauce on half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies to create a sandwich & dust with powdered sugar.