This Sweet Potato Pie Brownies recipe combines our Sweet Potato Pie Mix with a luscious layer of graham crackers, a brownie layer, and then tops it with scorched marshmallows! It may look complex, but it’s easy to pull together and tastes as good as it looks! The contrasting layers make for a showstopper of a dessert, but it’s not any more difficult than your average layered dessert recipe. Our sweet potatoes are non-GMO, organic, and grown in the USA, and we just add the smallest amounts of sugar and nutmeg to make this mix so that the sweet potato flavor shines through.
Sweet potato is a great way to manage the sweetness of a dessert, since it’s low in fat and adds additional fiber, which makes any food rank a little lower on the glycemic index. It’s also not an overwhelming flavor, so the brownie and graham layers shine through in these Sweet Potato Pie Brownies. Our pro tip: starting with the crust, freeze each layer while you’re making the next one to keep crisp divisions between the crust, sweet potato pie mix, and brownie. Find our Sweet Potato Pie Mix near you with our store locator!
Check out our other Sweet Potato Pie recipes, including sweet potato pie pancakes. There’s so much you can do with this little mix!
Sweet Potato Pie S’more Brownies
Graham Cracker Layer
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp sugar granulated
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz baking chocolate finely chopped
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour all-purpose
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
Sweet Potato Layer
- 1 cup Farmer's Market Organic Sweet Potato Pie Mix
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 large egg whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallows
Graham Cracker Crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 325(f) degrees. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a small mixing bowl stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter & vanilla until well combined.
3. Transfer mixture to the prepared baking dish & shape into crust. Freeze as you prepare the brownie layer.
1. In a saucepan over low heat melt together the butter & baking chocolate until silky smooth.
2. Transfer mixture to a medium mixing bowl & let cool slightly. Whisk in the eggs, sugar & vanilla until well combined.
3. Sift in the flour, salt & baking powder. Stir until the batter just comes together.
4. Pour batter over the prepared graham cracker crust & smooth into an even layer using an offset spatula. Freeze as you prepare the sweet potato layer.
Sweet Potato Pie Layer
1. In a small mixing bowl whisk together sweet potato pie mix, milk, egg & vanilla. Pour mixture over the brownies & carefully transfer to the oven.
2. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top puffs & has a slight jiggle in the center.
3. Remove from heat & immediately sprinkle with an even layer of marshmallows. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes & refrigerate for 4 hours.
4. Once the bars have fully set carefully remove the brownies from the baking dish. Toast the marshmallows using a kitchen torch until browned. Slice & enjoy!