Sweet Potato Hummus
- * 1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- * 3/4 cup farmer’s market organic sweet potato puree
- * 2 tablespoons tahini
- * 3 cloves of garlic smashed
- * 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- * 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- * 1 pinch red pepper flakes plus more for serving
- * 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- * salt & pepper to taste
- * 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for serving
- * sunflower seeds to garnish
- * cilantro or parsley to garnish
In a food processor combine the chickpeas, sweet potato, tahini, garlic, ginger, turmeric, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Blend for 60 seconds.
Add the olive oil. Blend until mixture is creamy & smooth, about 60 seconds. Taste for salt & adjust as needed.
Transfer to a serving bowl & drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, sunflower seeds & herbs. Serve with fresh vegetables & chips!