Spring Pea, Prosciutto & Pumpkin Risotto
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion fine diced
- 1 large Galic clove minced
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup Sauvion Blanc white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 cup Farmers Market Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano shredded
- 2 small Meyer Lemons zested
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1, 12 ounce package fresh English Peas
- 1, 3 ounce package natural Prosciutto
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Place the prosciutto on a parchment line baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for abut 10 minutes until crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool. Break the pieces into shards and set aside for later use.
- In a 2 quart sauce pot warm the chicken broth until steaming, do not boil.
- In a 4 quart nonstick pot or dutch oven, warm the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook until the onion becomes soft and translucent.
- Stir in the rice and coat with the oil. Add the wine and cook until it has mostly evaporated out of the pan.
- Add 1 cup of the broth and the nutmeg to the pot. Stir often until almost all of the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat the step until all of the stock has been used, stirring often, until the rice is almost tender, but has a slight bite to it still.
- Stir peas and simmer in the rice mixture for about 5 minutes. Add the pumpkin, parmesan, lemon zest, and some salt (about a teaspoon) and pepper (about a 1/2 teaspoon). Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. I usually add more salt.
- Serve the risotto on a plate with shards of prosciutto pressed in the middle and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Recipe Created and Developed by Kendell Stiles of Kendell Kreations for Farmers Market Foods