Spicy Sweet Potato Mac n’ Cheese
A spicy, sweet version of mac n’ cheese that’s so delicious and easy to make. Recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com.
- 1 15 oz. can Farmer's Market Organic Sweet Potato Puree
- 8 ounces uncooked macaroni pasta
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces Mexican style chorizo casings removed
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- cilantro for garnish
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine sweet potato puree, milk, salt, jalapeño, pepper, and cheese. Add cooked & drained macaroni to the mixture. Preheat broiler. Warm olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add chorizo to pan. Cook for 4 minutes or until browned. Remove chorizo from dutch oven. Wipe it clean. Spoon sweet potato mixture into pan and sprinkle evenly with chorizo. Broil 2 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Sprinkle with onions and cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Blaine Vandehey.