Pumpkin Pie Cream Puffs
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs plus 1 egg for egg wash
- ½ can Farmers Market Foods Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium/high heat, melt the butter in the water and milk. Add in the flour and mix together with a spatula. Continue to cook down for 5 minutes. Take off the heat and let cool 10-15 minutes. With a hand mixer, mix the batter to release some steam and add in the eggs one at a time mixing well between additions.
- Mix the additional egg with 1 tablespoon water in a separate bowl.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the choux into a lined baking sheet 2 inches apart. Brush each ball of dough gently with the egg wash.
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 20 minutes then lower the heat to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the unflavored gelatin with the cold water and set aside to bloom.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook the pumpkin pie mix, sweetened condensed milk and egg together, stirring continuously until thickened, about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and mix in the bloomed gelatin. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whip the whipping cream into soft peaks. Do not over whip. Fold into the cooled whipping cream until smooth. Place into a piping bag with a filling attachment.
- Pipe the filling into the cream puffs and place into the fridge to set for 2 hours.
- Top with powdered sugar and serve cold.