Pumpkin Curry with Tempeh & Spinach
Vegetarian, gluten-free curry recipe that's bursting with flavor. If you have not tried pumpkin curry before, you need to do it as soon as possible. It's fantastic. Use more vegetable broth or pumpkin to reach desired curry consistency.
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup Farmer's Market pumpkin puree
- 1 package Tempeh chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon corriander
- pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 10 oz. bag Stahlbush Island Farms frozen Spinach thawed
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and saute for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for about another 2 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
Pour in the chicken broth, pumpkin, and coconut milk. Stir in the seasonings and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the tempeh, spinach, and lemon juice. Continue to simmer for about 15 - 20 minutes or until flavors have blended. Serve over rice with cilantro.