Pumpkin Chocolate Milkshake
A gluten-free and dairy-free "milk"shake that's soon to become a staple for busy mornings and afternoon pick-me-ups. The xanthan gum, a natural thickener, creates the smooth, creamy texture of ice cream without the calories!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup Farmers Market canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum optional
- 2 cups ice
- dairy-free whipped cream to garnish
Combine almond milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, agave, cocoa powder and xanthan gum (if using) in a blender.
Blend until combined. Add ice and blend on high until consistency is smooth.
Garnish with whipped cream, shaved chocolate and/or cinnamon.
This recipe is one of our new favorites. Oh and it’s dairy-free and gluten-free and you’d never know it!