Great Aunt Sally’s Sweet Potato Soufflé
For the soufflé:
- 2 15 oz cans Farmers Market Foods Organic Sweet Potato
- 3 lg Eggs
- 2 t Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 C Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 C Whole Milk
- 12 T Unsalted Butter very soft, not melted
For the crumble:
- 1 1/2 C Pecans chopped
- 4 T Butter
- 1 1/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl, fold together the softened butter and the sweet potatoes with a spatula. Add the eggs, vanilla, sugar, and milk, and stir until well combined. Place the sweet potato mixture in a 9x9 glass casserole dish or deep pie pan. Alternatively use 2 shallow pie pan or it will overflow.
- In another bowl, rub the butter into the brown sugar, and flour until it clumps together when pressed in your hand. Add in the pecan and mix to combine.
- Cover the sweet potato mixture with the pecan crumble and place in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Bake until the mixture has fluffed and the crumble is caramelized.
- Allow to cool about 10 minutes and serve directly from the pan.