Chai Pumpkin Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 1 cup farmer’s market organic pumpkin purée
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs whisked
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons greek-yogurt plain or vanilla
- Pumpkin seeds for sprinkling
Preheat the oven to 350(f) degrees. Grease & line a standard loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom & black pepper.
In a separate large mixing bowl whisk together the pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla & yogurt.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & beat until smooth, about 60 seconds.
Transfer to the prepared loaf pan & sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the top bounces back to touch. Let cool completely before slicing.