Browned Butter Butternut Squash in Pappardelle
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves smashed
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 6 sage leaves
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ cup parmesan shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 ounces pappardelle
- Pine nuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds for topping.
- Cook pasta to package directions, reserve about ½ cup of the pasta water.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the butter, garlic cloves, rosemary and sage until the butter starts to brown. Remove the garlic, rosemary and sage - then add the butternut squash, cream, and parmesan cheese. Cook together while stirring until the sauce is uniform.
- Add the cooked pappardelle to the sauce and toss together, using the pasta water to thin out the sauce as needed. Add salt to taste. Top with nuts of choice.